Monrovia reaches out to veterans in two events
The 26th annual Make a Difference Day event will take place on Oct. 22. The event runs from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and will kick off at Monrovia’s Library Park. Coordinated by the Volunteer Center of San Gabriel Valley, this year’s Make a Difference Day is dedicated to military veterans in the community.
The event this year will include over 25 projects, including:
- Cleanup alleyway in Old Town Monrovia
- Tree plantings at local parks
- Cigarette butt clean-up at local parks
- Food sorting (Hosted by Foothill Unity Center)
- Church clean-up (Hosted by Bethel AME Methodist Church)
- Monrovia High School baseball field improvements
More information can be found at the Volunteer Center of the San Gabriel Valley.
Make a Difference Day isn’t the only way Monrovia is honoring veterans. Monrovia will also soon open a Veteran’s Resource Center at the Monrovia Public Library. They are currently looking for volunteers. Those interested should get in touch with Mabel Cross, who can be reached via email at email@example.com, or by phone at (626) 256-8294.
The Library will train for all volunteers in connecting veterans with resources. Volunteer positions available include Veterans Benefits Coach, Oral History Interviewer, and Community Outreach Specialist.